Fashion Show round up Part 1

The One is gearing up for Fashion Show Season and brings you a sneak teaser of the exclusive reviews to come.

fashion

In the first of a three part series The One brings you the best of Castle, John Snow, Grey and Ethical fashion shows!

USE THE SLIDESHOW ABOVE FOR PICS. 

Castle College

The night presented flowing gowns, (not to mention flowing alcohol), men in kilts, Ann Summers lace, belly dancing, Ramin Irvani on the decks and a special guest appearance from…the Master of Castle!

Ladies modeled risqué lace ensembles confidently and elegantly in the Ann Summers walk which was undoubtedly the highlight of the evening.

The Castle Rugby team came a close second in the entertainment stakes for their attempts to form the perfect Mexican wave.

The evening was capped by a surprise special appearance from University College's very own, and very stylish,Master who looked dashing in a tan set!

John Snow College

On 26th February 2011 John Snow held their very first Charity Fashion Dinner at Hardwick Hall Hotel in Sedgefield. 

The evening was intended to bring the town and college together to raise funds for the extremely worthwhile charity ‘The Prince’s Trust’.

The event was attended by around 150 students and staff from Durham University as well as a selected group of VIP guests including Chris Higgins the Vice Chancellor of Durham University, Carolyn Summerbell the Principal of John Snow College, Councillor Lupton the head of Stockton Borough Council and the Mayor and Mayoress of Stockton.

The entertainment for the evening kicked off with an extremely impressive dance routine by John Snow Colleges very own students, a fantastic display of the great talent to be found at Durham University.

The evening was finished with a charity auction with lots such as adventure sailing days and John Snow College’s very own President and Charities Officer sold as slaves for a day. 

Grey College

Another debutant fashion show but every bit as professional as the more established operations.

The event raised hundereds of pounds for charity and was held in conjunction with Oxfam, and clothes by Miss Selfridge, The Fashion Studio, Oxfam Boutique, Woven, Minx Design and New Look.

Starting the event with a bang was a brilliantly energetic performance by The University Dance Troupe – choreographed by Natalie Fletcher. The atmosphere was electric with anticipation for the models. 

After the interval, a performance from the unbelievable John Oliver stunned everybody in the room. This was followed by a raunchy display from the Grey College Cheerleaders. 

Ethical Fashion Show

Held at the DSU, the event proved all doubters that ethical fashion is more than hippy wear. The outfits showcased from a number of fairtrade, ethical brands (as well as charity shops) were vibrant, trendy and, most importantly, wearable.

Clothes from Annie Greenabelle, suppliers to Topshop, kicked off the night with a range of outfits perfect for the unusual smattering of sunshine in Durham. Floating floral tea dresses with Spring flower prints were showcased alongside simple, light dresses in a palette of duck egg blues and ditzy polka dots.

Following this the crowd were treated to a collection of t-shirts made from bamboo cotton and handcrafted bags made from materials as diverse as bicycle innertubes and car seatbelts

Most inspiring, were the range of outfits taken from Oxfam and Salvation Army charity shops that had been re-worked and adapted at a workshop run by the show itself.

Tweed blazers with collars of buttons, dungarees with embellished straps and dresses-made-tops illustrated the creativity that can be involved in making an item truly your own.