Three men were shot on Far Gosford Street last night

They have all been taken to hospital for treatment

A police investigation began this morning following a shooting in Far Gosford Street last night. Emergency services were called to the area around 10pm yesterday with two men suffering ‘serious injuries’ as the police branded the incident ‘outrageous violence’.

A third victim also has minor injuries and all three have been taken to hospital for further treatment. Eyewitness reports at the scene last night saw marked police cars blocking off a number of side roads leading on to Far Gosford Street including Vecqueray Street on the edge of the city centre.

West Midlands Police said: “We’re investigating after three men were shot on Far Gosford Street at around 10:15pm yesterday (Thursday). Three men have been taken to hospital – two to be treated for serious injuries, and a third with more minor injuries. It’s thought the offender left in a dark coloured vehicle and we’re appealing to anyone with any information to contact us as soon as possible. We’ve closed the road while we forensically examine the scene”.

This morning, the area was still cordoned off whilst forensics investigated the area. Officers also said that extra patrols would be within the area as a precaution.

Police are encouraging anyone with information to come forward. We will update you on this story as we get more information.