Image may contain: People, Bowling, Television, TV, Crowd, Display, Monitor, Screen, Electronics, Human, Person

How to have fun in Cov if you don’t fancy clubbing

Sometimes you just cba to go to Kasbah and ruin your life

Let's get real – clubbing and drinking are fun and provide some of the greatest uni memz but they do have their down sides. We make bad decisions, we wake up with the worst hangover and it can be mad expensive. You really literally pay the price for a good night out.

Sometimes you just want to leave the house and spend some wholesome time with your mates without making poor life choices and spending the week recovering. Don't worry, here's everything you need to know to make this possible.

Bowling

Image may contain: Plywood, LCD Screen, Wood, Clothing, Apparel, Crowd, Television, TV, Human, Person, Electronics, Display, Screen, Monitor

Fun for all the family x

Time to put all those hours spent on Wii Sports to good use. Bowling is such a good laugh, nothing beats watching your pal put their absolute everything into a bowl only to miss all ten pins.

Tenpin provides all these laughs as well as laser quest, arcades and 50 per cent off bowling and drinks. Yes that's right, 50 per cent off drinks. This is a dream come true if you fancy bowling with a bevvy without breaking the bank. It's open Monday to Sunday, so get practising those strikes people!

On Tuesdays a game of bowling costs £3.40 per person but standard prices are £8.25 which is still a decent bargain. It is located at Crosspoint Business Park near the University hospital and even though it is far, it's worth it. Even if just for the sheer pleasure of taking the piss out of your mates.

Cinema

Image may contain: Photography, Photo, Portrait, Female, Overcoat, Blazer, Face, Pants, Human, Person, Coat, Jacket, Clothing, Apparel

Yes, the cinema toilets really are this fancy

Watching a movie is the perfect form of procrastination when you've exhausted Netflix and all your other standard time wasting activities. Might as well make a proper evening.

Odeon is located literally right next to JJ's. Rather than queue to listen to High School Musical at 1am with a vodka lemonade spilled down your Pretty Little Thing top, why not treat yourself to watching a brand new movie with your friend.

Also, it has popcorn, Tango ice blasts and student discount. Need I say more?

Escape Rooms

Image may contain: Man, Head, Suit, Overcoat, Coat, Photography, Portrait, Photo, Laughing, Girl, Woman, Text, People, Pants, Female, Smile, Face, Human, Person, Clothing, Apparel

It can be stressful, it can be intense. You might cry, who knows, but either way this experience is very different and very fun. Whether you like it or not Escape Reality Live will definitely take your mind off the stresses of uni life.

The more people who go the cheaper it is, the maximum is six players which costs £16 per person. And let's be fair, the outfits look gorgeous.

This is the best chance to give your liver the break it deserves and bond with all your housemates. And when I say bond I mean fight over something that isn't dirty dishes, for once.

Go Karting

Image may contain: Selfie, Female, People, Portrait, Photography, Photo, Head, Accessory, Accessories, Sunglasses, Smile, Apparel, Clothing, Party, Interior Design, Indoors, Person, Human, Face

Grl Pwr

It's like Mario Kart but in real life! Time to work those jumpsuits and crash into all the sides. Go Karting has always been a go-to activity for friends and a chance to roast each other about your driving skills.

Team Sport Coventry has a two tier course with prices at £17 per person. It may seem pricey but you can't get the thrill of crashing into the back of your mate anywhere else. The track offers a choice of knockout laps, time trials or qualifying heats meaning you can be as competitive as you want.

Basically, taking a break from Kazzy B and heavy boozing can be a welcome change. Engaging in some healthy competition and making fun of your mates is just a cheeky bonus.