Image may contain: Bicycle, Bike, Ambulance, Van, Wheel, Machine, Human, Person, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Automobile
Breaking News

Major Cardiff road has been closed due to stabbing

There has been heavy police presence

A man has been taken to the University Hospital of Wales to be treated for knife-related injuries, which took place on City Road this evening.

A section of City Road was closed in both directions, with heavy police presence. A witness claimed there were five police cars and a riot van.

The incident is said to have taken place near Blue Honey Local café on City Road.

Image may contain: People, Building, Urban, City, Town, Road, Path, Apparel, Shoe, Footwear, Clothing, Person, Pedestrian, Human

According to witnesses, there is a large emergency services presence at the scene and armed officers were seen questioning people at a local shop.

A spokeswoman for the Welsh Ambulance said services were called to the scene at 6:10pm.

One passer-by told the Cardiff Tab that "there were police dressed in full gear stood talking to someone in what looked like a takeaway place and there’s a bus that’s stopped in the middle of the cordoned off area."

Image may contain: Car Wheel, Tire, Spoke, Wheel, Machine, Vehicle, Transportation, Automobile, Car, Person, Human

Police vehicles were seen blocking the road.

It was reported last week that a 27-year-old man was also stabbed on City Road in Cardiff, with emergency services being called to the scene at 10:45pm on Sunday.

Though the man was taken to the University Hospital of Wales after being stabbed, the police force have said the man was in a stable condition and his injuries were not fatal.