Everything that’s going on in Cardiff this Halloween

It’s that time of year already

It’s time to fish out your scariest mask, fake blood and fangs – Halloween is around the corner and there are lots of events to get involved with. Here’s what’s on in Cardiff this week:

Nightclub events

For starters all the clubs have Halloween sorted. From Buffalo, Glam, to Revolution, all of Cardiff’s central bars will be celebrating the occasion with spooky surprises and fancy dress.

YOLOween: 26th October

Cardiff’s Students’ Union will be hosting their annual YOLOween on the 26th, so make sure your sport team or society are dressed the best, although it has been specified Harley Quinn and clown costumes are definitely not allowed.

Clwb Ifor Bach: 27th, 28th October

Join Welsh Club this Thursday for their usual pop punk and pizza night, but this time with a Halloween twist. And if you haven’t had enough, as seen at Bestival the Confetti Wedding Disco will be gracing the dance floor Friday night. Here the theme is dress to impress with your finest graveyard attire, and expect to spend the night throwing confetti, spotting corpses, screaming along to power ballads, with lots and lots of dad dancing.

Pryzm: 28th, 29th, 31st

Pryzm have got the entire weekend covered. The classic Friday night Agenda will be kickstarting the party with a Halloween special, followed by  a Saturday with a promised fully decorated night club, spooky drinks, and a one hour DJ set from Third Party. On the day itself, Pryzm will be celebrating Halloween ‘House Party’ style, and will be offering a £500 VIP package to the best dressed clubber, so witches, devils, and even clowns are all welcome.

Revolution: 28th, 31st October

Sponsored by Life Skills Program, Friday night in Revs is a charity event hosting a raffle, costume prizes, games, and dance performances. The music will be shifting from its usual genres, to salsa, ceroc, jive, and so much more. Then of course there is the traditional Revs party next Monday, welcoming the living dead. All the rooms will be open offering R&B, house, and old school, with lots of games and mist machines in store, so there is something for everyone as you dance with your fellow zombies until the early hours.

Walkabout: 29th October

TNT will be hitting Walkabout this weekend, with an Australian Halloween special. Come see the bar down under and what is in store for their Halloween event, expect lots of dancing and fancy dress the minute you walk through the doors.

Glam: 31st October

How can Halloween be complete without Glam? The standard Monday Fest will be transformed next week into something a lot more scary, with cobwebs, inflatables, fake blood, and keeping the trick or treat theme alive there will be lots of sweets. There will be a cash prize for the best dressed, so start putting together your scariest clothes now.

Buffalo: 31st October

The best R&B and hip-hop night around, Bump & Grind will be celebrating Halloween with cheap drinks, dancing, and a whole lot of Snoop Dogg, Drake, and Kanye.

Cardiff Castle

If you are not into the party life, there are lots of other activities to get involved with across the Halloween weekend. Cardiff Castle will be hosting torch lit tours around the site, telling haunting tales about ghosts while exploring its empty walls.

Depot’s Day of the Dead Mini Fiesta: 29th October

Depot will be hosting a Day of the Dead Mini Fiesta from 2pm-10pm on Saturday 29th, and with dancers and acrobats, DJ’s all day, confetti and face paint – this is not one to miss out. There are just under one hundred tickets left so make sure to grab one fast. It provides an afternoon of entertainment and dancing, finishing just in time to continue on to Juice for more Halloween fun. As well as this Depot will also be hosting their FINAL session of Bingo Lingo for the year, with an exciting Halloween theme on Friday 28th.

Natural History Museum: 31st October

Situated in Cathays park, the Natural History Museum are providing a variety of activities this week including building a man out of wicker to get burned on the 31st, as well as ghost walks and a range of arts and crafts sessions.

Cardiff Bay

Mermaid Quay will be offering fancy dress, pumpkins, cobwebs and face paint.

Escape Rooms 

If you are looking for some adrenaline to keep you on your toes, head to Escape Rooms with some friends on St. Mary Street to be locked in a room of darkness, with only clues to help you get out.

All of the above events need tickets in advance so make sure you don’t miss out, and for more information please visit their websites.