The Tab is interviewing Prof. Virgo and we want to know what questions you want answered

Submit questions here!

The Cambridge Tab will be interviewing the Pro-Vice Chancellor for Education, Prof. Graham Virgo, this afternoon. He’s the guy in charge of exam arrangements who sends important emails from time to time. Yesterday he announced the University’s plans for the Easter assessment period, including a “safety net” policy for finalists. He also notified students that first and second year undergraduate assessments will not be classed.

Following further information from faculties and departments, there have been mixed responses to the assessment plans. Questions being asked at the moment include:

Should finalists who didn’t receive a grade last year get a safety net?

Why aren’t all integrated Master’s students given a safety net?

Is it fair that medics and vet meds have to sit exams at a later assessment period?

Will students actually stick to the University’s honour system and complete exams fairly?

Why should first and second year students do any work if they’re not getting classed?

We want to know what questions and concerns you have about the current plan. Do you think you’re being assessed fairly? What else could the University do to support your studies? What are your concerns?

Ask your question here

Cover photo credit: Kohlrabi Pickle

Related stories recommended by this author:

University to provide a ‘safety net’ for final-year undergraduates

Part III chemists told ‘safety net’ will not apply to them, contradicting earlier emails amid exam chaos

Tab poll results: Cambridge students vote in favour of scrapping Easter assessments