Emma Thompson hits up Friday Life following Union appearance

The VK deal is just too good to miss

| UPDATED #Cambridge#Cambridgestudents#students#Mayballs#studentlife#fashion#Mayweek#University#blacktie#dresscode Cambridge cantabs comedian Drunk emma funny Kuda Life Thompson Union

Emma Thompson, one of Cambridge’s most famous alumni was seen in Life after giving a scintillating talk at the Union. 

Emma Thompson was seen reliving her Cambridge glory days in every Cantab’s favourite subterranean club. It seems the lure of 4 for £10 VKs and expertly curated cheesy tunes was too great for Emma after her hilarious Union performance.

Speaking to the Tab, Emma said: “I thought it was a marvellous dance environment. I would have stayed longer, but the gin got the better of me!”

Cantab sesh queen (Credit: James Wells)

The acclaimed actor and ex-Newnhamite was in Cambridge for her Union appearance, announced late this term. During her time at Cambridge, she was infamous for her punk rock attitude and antics, once riding a motorcycle through the corridors of her college. Unsurprisingly, Emma cut her acting teeth on the stage of the ADC, and was prominent member of the Footlights.

Union Speaker’s Officer Jonah Surkes, who was responsible for getting Emma to Cambridge said: “Emma was an incredible guest and such great company. She took the time to talk to everyone, and I was so happy she came! The perfect way to round off a great term.”

Emma enjoyed some pre-drinks at the Union

She was seen throwing some serious shapes among a throng of Cambridge students enjoying post exam freedom (or indeed a cheeky little pre-exam Friday Life). She looked right at home, chatting with students on the dance floor despite the pounding music. It seems appropriate that Emma, known for her wit and intelligence, chose a club which inexplicably sits underneath Waterstone’s.

It may be dark, sweaty and have no phone signal, but if Life’s good enough for Emma Thompson, it’s good enough for you.