Bernie Sanders Union event to be ticketed due to popular demand

The event is also being opened up to the general public

bernie bernie sanders Cambridge Cambridge Union Cambridge University left wing our revolution popularity queueing socialist Student Students Tab the tab tickets

The Cambridge Union has announced it will be ticketing  the Bernie Sanders’ event at the Society on the 2nd June.

The event will  also be open to the general public,  for the cost of £20. It is believed this move was taken at Senator Sanders’ insistence. #Bernieforthepeople

Members can enter a ballot for a chamber seat during the Senator’s address or queue on the morning for the chance to take one of the remaining seats.

For those who don’t get a ticket, there will be an overflow room, with the Union promising the Senator still plans to come and say “hello” to those left out.

Cambridge Union members can only enter the ballot once and will allocate reserved seats in the chamber. Members will need to enter their name, college, and crsid. The ballot closes on Friday 12th May at Midday.

If you wish to be entered into the ballot, follow this link. Tickets will be emailed to members if successful.

The chamber alive with the sound of democratic socialism

Tickets for the General Public

The Union has also opened the event  to the general public (members of the general public who are not eligible to buy membership- unlucky non-unionised Cantabs). A restricted number of tickets will be available from this link, allocated on a first-come-first serve basis.

Tickets will go on sale at 9.00am on Monday 8th May, and will cost £20.

If members of the public cannot secure a ticket, they can queue in the morning for the chance to take a seat in the chamber for a cost of £20.

Sanders will also be selling his book. Who said Bernie was the enemy of the capitalist?

Queuing is planned to begin at 6.00am on the morning of the 2nd June, with entry taking place through the 1815 Bar. Members are required to bring membership cards with them, and non-members will need Photo ID (driving licence, passport, ID card)

Senator Sanders is set to address the Union at 10am and concluding at 11am, in what will be one of the most high profile appearances at the Society in years.

Speakers’ Officer Jonah Surkes commented on the visit:

“We are excited to be able to release more details surrounding the Senator’s visit to the Cambridge Union, and to announce that we will be opening this event to members of the public. Due to the expected popularity of the event, the Senator’s visit requires careful planning to ensure it runs smoothly, and we ask for all members’ cooperation and understanding in this process.”

For those who simply can’t get enough of Senator Sanders, his new book, Our Revolution, will be on sale on the Union lawn before and after the event.

Cambridge is evidently Berning with excitement.