EXCLUSIVE: Sidney Sussex May Ball App release and Second Ents Announcement

Plus a chance to WIN a free pair of dining upgrade tickets

2016 announcement app ball Cambridge may Music sidney sussex

If you download the app on your iPhone or Android, share this post and like the May Ball page, you could be in with the chance of winning a free pair of dining upgrades to your standard ticket.

This announcement follows the Tab’s first Sidney Sussex May Ball announcement,  where Session Victim, Natty and Nubiyan Twist were revealed as minor headliners/support acts.

Now, Sidney Sussex have revealed their unique May Ball app with innovative technological features to help guide you around the ball, receive notifications for your selected favourite acts, and reduce queues for attractions and food. This app is like nothing else ever curated for a May Ball and will hopefully make the whole experience a whole lot smoother, so even in your slightly tipsy state, you won’t miss your favourite acts.

Sidney Sussex have revealed their highly impressive entire line-up, except the headliner, which will be revealed by the Tab on June 1st.

K.O.G & The Zongo Brigade will be headlining the Fellows’ Garden Stage as Natty had to be moved to the Main Stage due to his technical requirements. K.O.G & the Zongo Brigade are a nine-piece band, illuminating the stage with incredible Western African rhythms. The band were awarded a spot on the huge West Holts Stage at Glastonbury Festival last year by beating off over 6000 competitors in the Emerging Talent Competition. Clearly K.O.G & the Zongo Brigade have the potential to become something massive, and are already well on their way.

The Dutch legend, Gerd will grace the Main Stage late in the night with one of his rare Afro Disco sets. Expect to hear the funkiest sounds from Brazil to Africa with a few classic House and Disco gems.

Shields are the Main Stage’s live act. They’ll kick off the night with an injection of what the Guardian calls “Murderously infectious, polished Pop”.

The Sidney Sussex line-up is  and there are many hidden gems to be unearthed. Sidney’s Ents Officers Alex Darby and Edmund MacKeith are extremely excited about Son Guarachando –  one of the top exponents of Cuban Son, Salsa, Cumbia, and Latin music working in the UK today.

Also be sure to check out Ballin’Jacks, a great new London Blues Rock group overflowing with raw energy.

Sidney’s Ents Officers would also like to highlight Miles Stopher headlining the acoustic and comedy Tennis Court Stage, gracing Sidney with his hauntingly beautiful voice and great covers.

Remember to check back on the Tab on June 1st, when Sidney Sussex’s headline act will be revealed.