Trinity Hall June Event: Lineup Revealed

Deep house star Route 94 is topping a bill that includes acclaimed underground DJ Hunee and traditional Japanese Taiko drummers.

bradley zero dj hunee Japan june event kyoto open deck soundsystem route 94 Tit Hall tokyo trinity hall Trinity Hall June Event

As Easter term gets underway, more details from the various May Week balls and June Events are arriving – the newly-revealed soundtrack for Tit Hall’s party promises a night big on classic dance vibes, with more off-the-wall sounds also thrown into the mix.

The event’s biggest draw will be a DJ set from Route 94, whose single ‘My Love’ with Jess Glynne topped the charts back in 2014. Love for deep house has hardly abated since then however – with support from Hunee, Boiler Room affiliate Bradley Zero and Cambridge favourites Open Deck Soundsystem,  techno and disco should also be in abundance.

Now even your mum blasts out deep house on car journeys, and you’ve got this man to thank

Joining these dance-orientated acts will be soul group Retrospective for Love, and a group of Taiko drummers led by Joji Hirota. The June Event has come under considerable scrutiny (which has in turn been picked up by national media) about the potentially appropriative connotations of its Japanese-inspired theme, Tokyo to Kyoto – the inclusion of Taiko drummers may however convince sceptics that the event is sincere in its celebration of Japanese culture.

Ready to bash some (potentially much-needed?) authenticity into the June Event

Tickets for the June Event have sold out, so the lineup release will simply heighten excitement, or for the unlucky, fomo. Whether other balls and June events will follow in focusing on dancefloor bangers ahead of pop and rock hits will be revealed in the coming weeks.