Parody Playlist

These last couple of weeks have been pretty fantastic for parodies. Here are of seven of the best around.

It all kicked off with Lily Allen’s cheeky, controversial single ‘Hard Out Here’, but since then we’ve had offerings from James Franco, Seth Rogen and Youtube sensation Steve Kardynal. Here’s our pick of the best.

Lily Allen: Hard Out Here

Lily Allen’s first single in years is Lily at her finest, a feminist anthem for the ages whilst taking on the music industry while she’s at it. Although she’s conjured up some flack for some possibly racist undertones in the video, the video itself parodies the likes of Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke. Lily Allen has a baggy what?

Weird Al Yankovich: White & Nerdy

Undoubtedly the king of the parody, this is one of Weird Al’s most popular songs. A parody of the Chamillionaire classic ‘Ridin’ Dirty’, Weird Al puts his own spin on it as only he can, as a white nerd.

blink-182: All The Small Things

One of the greatest video parodies of all time, ‘All The Small Things’ takes the best of the 90’s infatuation with the boy band and turns it on it’s head. A classic idea that’s stood the test of time.

Steve Kardynal: Wrecking Ball

Sure to be going viral in the next couple of days, if it hasn’t already, Steve Kardynal again takes to Chatroulette. This time, he’s taking on Miley Cyrus’ infamous wrecking ball video. The reactions are priceless.

James Franco & Seth Rogen: Bound 2

Kanye West’s ‘Bound 2’ is one of the strangest videos of the year, featuring a naked Kim Kardashian and some rather dodgy green screen. I much prefer James Franco and Seth Rogen’s take on it, a shot for shot recreation that has to be seen, really.

The Midnight Beast: Tik Tok

Kickstarting the career of these three young lads, who’ve gone on to have a (not very) successful TV show, it all started with a parody of Ke$ha’s ‘Tik Tok’.

Laina: Justin Bieber Parody

Here’s where the ‘Overly Attached Girlfriend’ meme all started. Inconspicuously uploaded one night, it was snapped up and made a viral by an  image board site. Creepy but incredibly well done.

A finally, we wish it was a parody… but it isn’t.

UK Girl

No words.

Know one that you think should have made the list, write it in the comments!