CUWBC Announce New President

Cambridge University Women’s Boat Club announce Esther Momcilovic as their president for the 2013-14 season.

Cambridge cox Esther Momcilovic Jack Anderson Maxie Scheske Newton Women's boat race Oxford president

Esther MomcilovicCambridge University Women’s Boat Club yesterday announced their new president for the 2013/14 Boat Race season.

Esther Momcilovic is already a double Blue, having coxed the Cambridge boat for the last two seasons. She took part in the narrow loss to Oxford last year, but coxed the Cambridge Lightweight Women’s crew to victory in 2011.

24 year old Brit Momcilovic, who first learnt to cox at Cambridge, is currently studying for a PhD in the History of Science at Clare College.

Momcilovic has coxed the Cambridge boat for the past two years

Speaking after the announcement, Momcilovic commented, “I feel both excited and privileged to be given the opportunity to lead the CUWBC in the coming year.

“Our squad are a fantastic group of athletes, and with a strong junior committee behind us we will look to turn the tables on the result from last year, building a firm foundation for our move to the Tideway in 2015.”

“Our squad are a fantastic group of athletes”

19 year old Junior Team GB member Maxie Scheske has been chosen as the President of the Oxford Boat Club.

The Newton Women’s Boat Race will take place at Henley on Sunday 30th March 2014.