Image may contain: Woman, Portrait, Photography, Photo, Denim, Jeans, Smile, Female, Pants, People, Apparel, Clothing, Face, Person, Human

Bristol Uni’s A Capella group won second place in ICCA semifinal, which is music to our ears

The group also won Outstanding Choreography

Bristol University's A Capella group, Bristol Suspensions, have been awarded second place in this year's International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella UK Semifinal.

This is the second year in a row that the group have reached second place. As if this isn't enough to celebrate, the Suspensions also won Outstanding Choreography and Outstanding Vocal Performance.

The Suspensions were not the only group representing Bristol, however. All three Bristol competitive A Cappella groups made it through to the UK semifinals.

The three Bristol groups which made it into the ICCAs were: Academy, an all-male group of 12 performers and the only all-male group to go through to the UK final; Pitch Fight, Academy’s sister group of 14 female performers; and, finally, the Suspensions, consisting of a mixed group of 16 performers.

Natalie Egan, President of the A Cappella committee told The Bristol Tab: “The A Cappella Society gets bigger and better every year, and our three competitive groups are so excited to have made it to the national finals again."

Cover Image: Harry Plowden