The whole of Bristol is invited to DJ Derek’s funeral

The service will be held on April 22nd

The family of local legend DJ Derek have announced that they are to hold a public funeral for one of Bristol’s most beloved OAP’s.

The service, a celebration of Derek Serpell-Morris’s life, will be held at St Agnes Church in St Pauls on Friday April 22 at 11am and all are welcome to attend.

The funeral is being held in St Pauls, as this was an area that Derek was very fond of and in which he spent much of his time.

Jennider Griffiths, Derek’s great-niece said: “We think that is what he would have wanted and it will allow as many people as possible to come and pay their respects.”

The dress code is to be informal, in-line with what the family are hoping will be a celebration of Derek’s vibrant life and legacy.

There is no official wake due to the large numbers expected to be in attendance, but there will be a celebration at Pranj’s bar on Corn street following the service.

The announcement comes two weeks after confirmation that remains discovered at Cribbs Causeway were indeed those of the 73- year old Bristolian.

DJ Derek’s family have praised the people of Bristol and beyond who have sent kind wishes and photos of their loved one during this time of great distress.

All donations will go to St Peter’s Hospice and the Missing Persons’ Charity, and the family want the service to be a fond remembering of one of Bristol’s favourite people.