Image may contain: Female, Denim, Jeans, Yard, Nature, Path, Bush, Urban, Building, Neighborhood, Tree, Vegetation, Pants, Apparel, Clothing, Park, Lawn, Outdoors, Human, Person, Plant, Grass

Extinction Rebellion has started a student lead group at UoB and here’s how you can get involved

They’re holding their first event on the Green Heart this Friday

Looking for a way to get involved in the climate revolution? Well now you can! Extinction Rebellion have started student lead group at UoB and are throwing a picnic this Friday at 11am on the green heart.

Today the student-led group was on campus, leafleting to spread their message and make the movement more accessible.

Image may contain: Vehicle, Bus, Transportation, Bell Tower, Clock Tower, Face, Pants, Footwear, Shoe, Clothing, Apparel, Building, Architecture, Tower, Human, Person

The group told The Birmingham Tab that "We are launching and declaring our rebellion against the University, and demanding that they teach the truth, act now, and create a new politics to deal with the climate, social and ecological crisis".

"We really want people to know they can make a difference, everyone who shares us, takes a poster or comes along to an event helps to create change. It would be amazing if we could try and make the University go fossil free!"

Image may contain: Urban, Path, Vegetation, Apparel, Clothing, Footwear, Shoe, Bell Tower, Tree, Grass, Clock Tower, Plant, Person, Human, Architecture, Tower, Building

To find out more about XR UoB check them out on facebook and instagram.