Re:Cord bring the best house, deephouse, techno and disco to Brum

‘The music is always on point’

dj madness music party selly oak

Last Thursday marked the official launch of re:cord, a brand new club night bringing the best local and international DJs to Birmingham.

After a successful summer of promo nights at Amusement 13, followed by a massive house party held in Selly Oak, Thursday night’s re:cord + friends – a final warm-up party before next week’s official launch – was destined to be a success.

©Ian Synott

Got da club bouncing ©Ian Synott

Re:cord was set up when, bored of the average Broad Street club night, a collection of entrepreneurial students got together with the idea of hosting a cheap, music-focused night: one that combined the fun atmosphere of a student club night with a real passion for good music. The team pitched the idea to Amusement 13 and secured a fortnightly slot.

The re:cord team have some incredible bookings coming up over the next six weeks, including international DJs KiNK, Hunee, and massive house duo Detroit Swindle.

This warm-up for the launch, however, was all about showcasing the resident DJs who will be making appearances over the next few weeks.

The night features up-and-coming students and local DJs like James Garrington, Nikki Gardner, Ali Whitticase, Cam Johnson, Conor Evans and Kyle McMahon.

DJ vibez ©Ian Synott

The night was a raging success, enjoyed by all – team member James Garrington told the Tab: “It was nice to see such a friendly crowd who really knew their music.”

Resident DJ Cam Johnson told us that: “The night went well and was an excellent opportunity for us to show you what we are all about.

Ideal for any fans of house, deephouse, techno and disco, the music at this night is always flawless, with one clubber telling the Tab: “There’s a great atmosphere, the music is always on point – the DJs really know what they’re doing.”

Havin’ fun ©Ian Synott

The DJs had as much fun as the guests, with James going on to say: “Nikki and I rarely put ourselves on at peak time slots, we’d normally opt for a warm up set so it was good to play some harder tunes.”

The music went on into the early hours, while the electric atmosphere and cheap drinks kept everyone partying all night.

©Ian Synott

©Ian Synott

After the success of re:cord so far, and the promise of their upcoming events, you will not want to miss out on the nights they’re bringing us next. Check out their Facebook page here to find out event dates and get hold of tickets.