Tiverton Road is the most burgled street in Selly Oak

How safe is your street?

crime offences polie roads selly oak statistics student tiverton

There have been an alarming seven burglaries on Tiverton Road since September.

The figures, taken from September 2014 to January 2015, reveal there were six burglaries on the notorious road in September alone.

It’s a brighter picture for the rest of Selly Oak, however, as Bournbrook, Raddlebarn and Dartmouth have only had a single burglary this academic year.

Even better for Dawlish – the safest road for burglaries – as it hasn’t had a single break in since September.

In February we revealed Bristol Road is the most dangerous road in Selly Oak, but now shocking figures show other roads in Selly have their own risks.

Where does your street rank?

Crime statistics show an improvement in violent and sexual offences due to the heightened police presence.

North Road was revealed as the highest for this type of crime, with a total of three offences.

Tiverton had two violent crimes, as did North Road and Dartmouth.

Second year student Jack said: “I think crime has improved in Selly Oak, and I definitely feel safer walking around now.

“It’s good to see a nicer side to Selly, as you normally only hear about increase in crimes and shocking statistics, so this makes a nice change.”