Birmingham bawlers: what you really cry about

When did you last have a little weep into your pillow?

Uni is sort of like being in reception again. All you ever want to do is watch Disney films and take unannounced naps (@Dear_Freshers).

But while this may be true, it misses out the part where you cry at the weirdest things.

So we asked, when did you last cry?

Sean White, third year, SPECS

Aw, the poor little student wasn’t allowed out to play…

Remember when your parents would make you sit in your room and wouldn’t let you go to your friend’s supercool party with the best clown in town, because you’d been naughty?

Well, this is the student version of it. The only difference is this guy had a test the next day, so his housemates wouldn’t let him go out.

Harry Yorke, third year, History

Well, food is food

Food stealing is the worst crime known to studentkind, but false accusation is even worse. Still, crying about it may have taken it a bit far.

Harry Little, second year, Physics

Bless…

To be fair, it was when Pikachu died (which anyone would cry at), but he also started welling up at even the mention of that scene, and had to take a moment to himself.

Izzie Beddard, second year, Law

#GoT

What is it with students getting emotional at fictional characters dying? That being said, it was an intense moment.

Luke Terry, third year, English

Nice.

Right.

“Dad? You’ve gotta get up, we’ve gotta get home.” *Sob*

Who doesn’t cry at this? One of the most intense death scenes in the history of cinema.

Small people problems.

Student life is so difficult sometimes, isn’t it?

Intense.

Once you drop one mug, you keep dropping them. Why wouldn’t you cry about it?

Tamsin Eddey, second year, English Literature and Classical Literature and Civilisation

Children in Need

A bit early into the show, considering it was before any of the sad clips were shown. The tears started flowing when a little boy said, “you can donate a little bit or A LOT.”

It’s Children in Need, tears are an unfortunate side effect.

Wow.

The ducklings were following Mummy Duck, cute, but tearworthy? Really?

When was the last time you cried, and what about? Let us know in the comments.