BNOC 2014: Heat 2

Another round of big-guns, but which one is pulling your trigger?

Another week means another 4 big names that need you. Get voting! 

The Library Hermit

Thats right, UoB’s own legend has made a late entry into the competition.

Despite being a man of secrecy, ‘Hermit’ has fast become a buzzword around campus – his own page has got more likes than most universities.

A man of stamina and commitment, it appears the Hermit is becoming UoB’s number one ladies man, attracting the attentions of adoring females galore.

This wily fox has it all, as one source told us: “Ever since he’s become the man of the people, “Herms” is pulling in all the hunnies.

“Women are flocking to his page and offering all kind of incentives if they get a shout out in his next post.

“I’d lock myself in a Library for six weeks to get that kind of an audience…is he real? Of course he is, and he’s clearly a genius. He’s undoubtedly the BNOC of 2014.”

The Hermit may be the coolest cucumber around Floor 3c, but does this cave-dweller have the credentials necessary to venture out and claim the crown?

Alice ‘The Queen’ Hayes

We are truly blessed to have such royalty amongst us.

There will be few Mechu-goers that aren’t familiar with Queeny Hayes, as she can’t be missed strutting her stuff on her religious Thursday nights out.

Not only has this sovereign taken the throne at Mechu, but she’s conquered the hearts of the Rugby team too.

Friends informed us that Her Highness has become a household name amongst the boys, as her charms have even reduced grown men to bumbling wrecks.

When Alice isn’t ruling over her subjects or stealing men’s hearts, she can be found touring the library, a crucial requirement for any socialite needing to catch up on the latest intel.

She may be Queen of the castle in her own bubble, but has she done enough to Empress?

Connah ‘Great Expectations’ Jones

Despite being shackled by his ghastly Wolverhampton roots, CJ as he is known, has used uni as a platform to alleviate himself from hardship, so that he now resides amongst the highest social ranks UoB has to offer.

Much like Pip, Connah’s social climb has been an arduous task, but after 3 years on a staunch diet of work-hard, play-hard, the finishing line is nearly in sight for our local boyo.

When this gent isn’t tucking into a  Burrito in the University Centre, he can be found patrolling the rugby pitch (sometimes playing), or working studiously in Mech Eng.

But according to friends, its only at night-time when the real ‘Jonesy’ comes out to play..

Never equipped with any less than 4 VKs, CJ is definitely a man who likes the hard stuff, and what’s more if you ask him to perform he will sink each one in under two seconds…where do his talents end?

Tricks like that may be a party-pleaser, but it’s this BNOC’s charm offensive that’s wooing all the ladies.

Known officially as “Mr. Nice Guy”, CJ’s womanising talents have managed to seal the deal on even the most difficult of conquests.

He’s already climbed so far, but can Connah’s great expectations finally be realised?

Michael ‘Irish’ Grimes

When it comes to UoB’s Gaelic community, this Paddy calls all the shots.

The hottest A-lister since Louis Walsh, Michael is amongst the most sociable of UoB students out there.

Friends often despair when they have to venture across Campus with their celebrity friend, as like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, the fans quickly swarm in to get their allocated 5 minutes of daily “Mikey time”.

However Michael’s fame is also his curse, as one disgruntled female ‘acquaintance’ told us: “Any intimate lunch with Michael turns into a free-for-all for 20, as his friends flock to hear him retell stories of the Potato Famine, and how it was actually him who drove the snakes out of Ireland.”

Aside from romantic ventures, when it comes to University life, Mr. Grimes doesn’t put all his potatoes in one basket either.

The President and founder of the Irish Society, Gaelic Footballer, Gym-Tramp member and former rower, there’s never been such a thing as a spare moment in this man’s life.

He’s already an Irish deity, but will this four-leaved clover convert the UoB masses?

As for the winner of the first heat…

Congrats to ‘Ed’ – he’s through to the final.

Stay tuned in for next week, when we bring 4 more big names to the party