Snobs is moving on

The 41 year old Indie club is moving venues

Student fave night club Snobs is relocating to make way for a new hotel on its current site.

Rumours about the 41-year-old club closing have been circulating since earlier this year, and the club confirmed today that in April 2014 they will be relocating to where Vudu club used to be (yeah, we have no idea where that is either).

In a statement released on Facebook today, Snobs said “With the building that has been our home for 41 years becoming a hotel we explored all possible avenues to stay, including the idea of soundproofing! In the end we have decided that a relocation is the best possible way to secure the future of Snobs.

We have worked closely with the developers to try and find a way around this, but when it became apparent that this would not be possible they were also brilliant in helping us to find a new home and we would like to thank them for their assistance.

“Our new location will be on the corner of Smallbrook Queensway and Hurst Street, where the old Vudu club once was.”

For anyone worried that it just won’t be the same, Snobs reassures you: “It will be the same music, the same prices and the same atmosphere! We will be taking all the hallmarks of Snobs with us including some of the decor.”

Thank goodness those weird heads on the wall will be coming with!

The club has emphasised they will be open for business every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday  right up until April 2014.

The grotty one of a kind club will certainly be missed by many students, so make the most of it until next year.