MAFS Australia 2024 experts go IN on Jack over ‘repulsive’ comments about ‘muzzling’ Lauren

‘I’ve heard some things in these experiments that have repulsed me, that’s one of the worst’

On MAFS Australia 2024 last week, Jack made disgusting comments where he asked Jono to “muzzle his woman” Lauren at the dinner party. In tonight’s episode, we will finally see Jack face some consequences for his actions, as the experts go in on him over what he said.

The outburst led to both cast members and viewers being outraged by Jack, and many viewers insisted he should be removed from the show because of his “misogynistic behaviour.” Women’s Aid released a statement to The Tab after the episode, and said it’s important for “controlling or abusive behaviour” to be called out.

It looks as though now this behaviour will be called out, as expert John calls what Jack said “one of the worst things I’ve heard” on the show.

MAFS Australia 2024 groom Jack made muzzle comments at Lauren

via Channel 9 / E4

“I heard something last night, I was disgusted by it,” John begins. “I’ve heard some things in these experiments that have repulsed me, that’s one of the worst things I’ve heard.” Jack then says he’s “ashamed” and has “lost sleep” over what he said.

Expert Mel Schilling then joins in, and questions why Jack’s immediate reflex was to make a comment that was degrading to women.  Jack doesn’t have an explanation, and so begins to try to grovel and profusely apologise.

John also has some scathing words to say to Jono, about why he didn’t have his wife’s back in that situation. He grills Jono over his behaviour, and in that moment, Jono then apologises to Jack and Tori… not Lauren. You couldn’t make this up.

John cuts the crap, calling it “unacceptable” that Jono is grovelling to Jack and not his wife Lauren. John says: “If someone said that to me about my wife, I would not back down. I would come out full throttle, all guns blazing.”

via Channel 9 / E4

He then asks all the MAFS grooms in the room why they stayed silent after that comment, and you guessed it! They don’t have a lot to say for themselves. John adds: “It’s simply not good enough. If you’re in that position again I want you to speak up. It’s your responsibility to call out bad behaviour.”

After the incident, charity Women’s Aid told The Tab: “Each season, viewers will call out disturbing behaviours by contestants and it is vital that producers pay attention – not only vetting contestants properly before they start filming, but also intervening when there is controlling or abusive behaviour from contestants, and even removing them from the show when necessary for the safety of others.

“The world of entertainment has a responsibility to viewers – including many young viewers who are forming their ideas about relationships – to show that harmful behaviours are not acceptable and that unacceptable behaviour will be addressed.”

Jack has since said he felt “instant regret” after saying those words about Lauren, before adding  he and Lauren soon forgave each other and “hugged it out.”

For all the latest MAFS Australia 2024 news and gossip, like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook.