Ambika Mod One Day

From dog walks to the Eras Tour: Everything Ambika Mod has been up to since One Day

Can’t tell if I’m more obsessed with her or her adorable dog

It’s been well over a month since we were all broken by One Day’s release on Netflix. And in that time, Leo Woodall who played Dex in the show has been busy skrrrting around on a Lime Bike, hard launching his relationship and getting outed as a nepo baby.

But alongside becoming one of the most exciting actors, what has his on-screen counterpart been up to since the show was released? This is everything One Day’s Emma Morley, Ambika Mod, has been up to since One Day literally changed her life:

Breaking our hearts with a behind the scenes video

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Ambika Mod (@ambikamod)

I don’t know how else to say it other than I need this video to become part of my DNA. Posting on Instagram with the caption “we will all pay for your therapy” (needed) Emma shared a compilation of a load of behind the scenes videos from One Day including the moment the show wrapped, her getting ready in hair and makeup, lots of cute moments from filming in Greece and just so many cute moments between her and Leo. It even includes another point of view of her literally getting run over in the show. I am a wreck once again.

Slaying at Paris Fashion Week

In an ICONIC movie, the star of One Day, Ambika, made an appearance at Paris Fashion Week and sat front-row for Loewe alongside Alexa Chung. Posting on their Insta about her appearance, British Vogue said: “POV: Emma Morley in an alternate universe. One Day’s leading lady Ambika Mod was spotted on the front row at Loewe’s AW24 show, joining the likes of Meg Ryan and Alexa Chung at Paris Fashion Week. A! Queen!

Watching Love Is Blind

A queen with taste! In an interview with Glamour, Ambika shared how she’s been watching the latest season of Love Is Blind and how she doesn’t like “that Jimmy fellow”. She said: “The last episode I watched…I watched after they left the pods. I don’t like that Jimmy fellow.” The interviewer adds: “No one from the pods had Emma and Dexter energy” and Emma replies: “No. Could never. There’s a UK Love Is Blind coming out, and I think that it could be a very different energy. I’d be very interested to see how British people are in the pods. It’ll be very interesting.”

Then moving on to differences between US and UK dating culture she said: “I don’t know about dating culture, but I think Americans are much more earnest about that kind of stuff. The impression I got when I watch Love Is Blind—the US one—like, they are all so ready for love. They are wanting to get married; they’re ready to find their soulmate. I wonder if the UK version will be like that because we’re so, like, stiff-upper-lip or take the piss out of everything—very Emma, do you know what I mean? So it’d be interesting to see what those relationships are like in the British one, whenever that comes out.”

Becoming a massive Swiftie

If there’s one thing we all have in common with Ambika Mod it’s how she recently revealed she’s become a huge Taylor Swift fan. She’s going to The Eras Tour twice this summer (two London dates) and revealed that her favourite Taylor Swift album is Folklore. She’s just like me for real. When asked about her ideal surprise songs, she said: “Oh, man, that’s so hard. Oh, everything. One of my favourite songs from Folklore, and it’s so underrated, is Epiphany because it’s so beautiful. What else? I would love her to do Is It Over Now? —which was on the (Taylor’s Version) of 1989—because it’s such a bop. And No Body No Crime.”

Getting ready for her next role

Ambika Mod One Day

Via Focus Features

In a weird One Day crossover, Emma’s next role is in a Disney+ show called Playdate which stars none other than Jim Sturgess who plays the original Dexter Mayhew in the 2011 film of One Day alongside Anne Hathaway!

When asked about the crossover, she said: “It’s mad. We finished filming last September…. He brought it up actually. He’s the loveliest, coolest man. Ever. Like, he’s so great and he’s so handsome. But he was so excited to watch it and he actually sent me a text the other day saying he started watching it and he’s loving it. I won’t read it out, but he was very positive and supportive.” The show also stars Ambika’s current boyfriend Andy Sellers and it is understood they met whilst filming the show.

Processing the reactions to One Day in therapy

Ambika Mod One Day

Via Netflix 

Ambika Mod has been open about her struggles whilst filming One Day and her self-doubt when she was offered the role. But she has also spoken about the double standards she has seen since the show was released.

“So my hope coming off this whole experience was that people love Emma and give me the same respect as they do Dexter,” she said.

“Because it was never a doubt in my mind that people would fall in love with Dexter, and that they would fall in love with Leo. But as a woman, as a woman of colour, playing this character, I had a lot more to prove. And I’ve garnered a lot more criticism than he has. It’s such a problem that we still have to face, and it’s the unconscious biases that are the most dangerous. Especially in a situation like this, where there are two characters who are completely comparable and one is getting more love than the other, you sort of have to look at society a little bit and be like, Why? Why is that happening? And why don’t we talk about it more?

The interviewer then asked whether this is something she discussed with her therapist to which she replied: Yes, definitely. Absolutely, I have.”

Walking her dog, Todd

Ambika Mod One Day

Via Instagram

Ambika who played Emma in One Day has been pictured on a lot of dog walks alongside her boyfriend, Andy Sellers, and their adorable dog Todd. Ambika has been dating her current actor boyfriend since around November 2023, when she soft-launched him on Instagram. It is assumed they met on the set of Playdate, Ambika’s next role, a thriller set to air on Disney+ in which they both star.

One Day is available to watch on Netflix now. For more like this One Day Ambika Mod article and all the latest Netflix drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.