Gavin and Stacey

What’s occurring?? Ruth Jones says Gavin and Stacey return is ‘sadly a rumour’

I am literally so confused

Yesterday everyone was freaking out after Deadline reported that Gavin and Stacey was officially making a comeback in a Christmas special this year.

But now it looks like Ruth Jones, creator and Nessa in the show, has seemingly denied the news, saying it is “sadly a rumour” and no one knows what to believe.

In an interview on RTE Radio 1 today she said: “If there was something to say on that front, James [Corden] and I would happily announce it”. Don’t play with me like this??

“When he [James Corden] came back from America, we went for lunch in London a few months ago and we got papped,” she added.

“And then the next thing is ‘Oh my god, they must be writing more Gavin & Stacey’, which is lovely. It’s lovely that people love it and they’re so desperate for it.”

Speaking about rumours that Netflix and the BBC were in a bidding war over the rights to the special She added: “Apparently there’s a bidding war going on between the BBC and Netflix and I love it because it says ‘a source says’. Who is this source?”

Other cast members have also been unable to confirm. Speaking on BBC One’s Morning Live, Steffan Rhodri, who plays Dave Coaches, said he had “no knowledge to impart”.

“I’ve heard there was a rumour, I never know where they start and I certainly don’t know where they’ll end,” he added.

The BBC has yet to comment on whether the rumours are true.

For all the latest celebrity relationship timelines, music and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.