Steve Kazee has been Jenna Dewan's fiancee for the last three years

So who is Steve Kazee, Jenna Dewan’s fiancee that she is expecting a baby with?

Channing Tatum isn’t the only one from that marriage to have moved on

This week, Jenna Dewan shared the happy news that she is expecting another baby with her fiancee Steve Kazee.

“Think if I make @stevekazee serenade me every night the baby will get his voice,” she wrote on Instagram when making the announcement.

Jenna also outlined their intention to keep the baby’s gender a surprise as they weren’t going to have any more, telling Romper magazine: “You don’t race to the end because this is the last time, so there’s a bit of joy and a little sadness. I’m really trying to enjoy it all and not to just get through the days.”

Jenna first came to our attention in the 2006 dance movie Step Up. The movie, which inspired a string of sequels and a television series, was a staple of 00s teenage girls’ sleepovers, and I hope this is still the case. Step Up also provided further dance-based goodness in the world by being how Jenna met her first husband, Channing Tatum.

After falling in love playing Tyler Gage and Nora Clark, they married three years later in 2009. Before calling it quits in 2019, they welcomed their only child, a daughter named Everly, in 2013. Channing has spoken out about how much he “didn’t plan to be a single dad” but has put the work in, like learning to plait hair.

“I didn’t want to be the dad who was bringing her to school looking like she had just slept on the street,” he told Hoda Kotb and Jenna Bush Hager on the Today show.

Just like his hair styling skills, Channing has also managed to level up his relationship status as he is currently linked to Zoe Kravitz. The pair announced their engagement after two years of dating last year.

So, who is Steve Kazee, Jenna Dewan’s fiancee?

Steve Kazee is a Tony Award-winning Broadway performer, a nod he got in 2012 after playing the leading role of Guy in Once. His New York theatre credits include Spamlot, 110 in the Shade, and To Be Or Not To Be. He has since migrated over on to television, where he has starred in the American edition of Shameless and some other short-lived series, such as the Criminal Minds spin-off Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders. Steve recently appeared in the 2022 film The Grotto.

Where is Steve Kazee from?

Like pop culture icons such as Britney Spears, George Clooney and Jennifer Lawerence, Steve gets to call Kentucky his home state. More specifically, he is from the town of Ashland but left after he graduated high school in 1994 to attend Morehead State University. In 2005, he graduated from NYU’s Tisch School of Arts, which boasts alumni like Lady Gaga, Jack Quaid and Anne Hathaway.

How did he meet his fiancee, Jenna Dewan?

The exact details on how they became an item or even met are quite slim but they were confirmed to be dating by US Weekly back in October 2018. An anonymous source told the magazine that he wasn’t “well known”. This is one of things that tabloids say which is both true and a bit rude. However, later that month, his profile increased slightly when they reported more information about her new man’s identity.

At the time, her ex Channing was dating British pop star Jessie J, who in certain circles will still get a raised eyebrow when you say it is indeed true, even after all this time.

Steve popped the question to Jenna back in February 2020, just before the world went into lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Does Steve Kazee have any other kids with his fiancee Jenna Dewan?

Yes! The pair have a three-year-old son, Callum, whose birth news was shared via the classic black and white Insta with a cute “Welcome to the world you little angel!” caption.

Jenna recently praised the “incredible” way Steve has taken to fatherhood, telling Romper: “He’s so naturally domestic and nurturing, and he’s so loving, and he’s funny, and he’s really… he’s just incredible. It’s one of those things where people just have a natural ability for parenting. I’m so excited to see him with a little baby again.”

Aside from Jenna Dewan, who else has Steve Kazee dated?

Steve’s relationship history’s most shining star is Megan Hilty, whom he split from in 2012 after six years together. Megan is most respected on Broadway but most known to recovering theatre kids for playing struggling ingenue Ivy in the NBC drama Smash. The show was cancelled after two seasons, and nothing has felt right since…

In 2013, Steve was nothing but gracious about Megan, saying: “The lessons I’ve learned about my time with Megan, six wonderful years, will live with me forever. I have zero angst or anxiety about her. She’s a warm, caring, immensely talented, lovely human being.”

When are Steve Kazee and Jenna Dewan getting married?

No date has been made public, but in June last year, Jenna talked about having found the perfect place for their big day, saying, “We’ve gotten a step further” in the planning process. She also admitted her nearest and dearest were getting a bit annoyed about how thin they’d been with the deets so far. She also shared how their kids want to be involved as the flower girl and ringer bearer, respectively.