Selena Gomez Instagram

Selena Gomez quits Instagram AGAIN after Golden Globes viral Kylie Jenner drama

Something tells me she’ll be back very soon

In the least shocking piece of news of 2024 so far, Selena Gomez has quit Instagram (again) after the viral drama of her allegedly chatting shit about Kylie Jenner to Taylor Swift at the Golden Globes on Sunday night.

In case you missed the whole episode, according to lip readers, Selena went over to Taylor and Kaleigh Sperry and told them:  “He didn’t want a picture with me, he said no.” To which, Keleigh asked: “Timothée?” and Selena nodded. “I tried, I couldn’t, it’ll upset ’em,” added Taylor— according to lip readers.

After the moment went astronomically viral, a source claimed to People that Selena, Taylor and Kaleigh’s conversation was about something entirely different: “She was absolutely not referencing anything about Timothée or Kylie…never even saw or spoke to them,” they said.

But regardless of whether or not Selena was speaking about Timothée and Kylie, it’s clear she’s had enough of the speculation and announced last night she was taking another break from social media.

“I’m off social for a while,” she wrote on her Instagram story, alongside a photo of her new boyfriend Benny Blanco with some young children. “I’m focusing on what really matters,” she added.

This is by no means the first time Selena has claimed to be taking a socials break. She previously jumped offline when everything was going down between her and Hailey Bieber, and threatened to delete Instagram all together last year after she faced some serious backlash for her posts about Gaza.

So, predictably, fans have taken Selena’s latest exit from Instagram with a pinch of salt: Okay, talk to you tomorrow girl,” wrote one fan on Twitter.

For all the latest TV and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook