Dannielynn Birkhead Anna Nicole Smith daughter

Ok, what actually happened to Anna Nicole Smith’s daughter?

Dannielynn Birkhead is nowhere to be seen in the new Netflix documentary

Anna Nicole Smith was a 90s fashion icon. A Playboy centrefold, face of Guess Jeans, and archetype of the blonde bombshell— she intrigued and engaged fans, becoming a world-famous woman, who “hardly anyone really knew”. Now a new Netflix documentary, Anna Nicole Smith: You Don’t Know Me, has resurged the mystery around the model, who accidentally overdosed at the age of 39 in 2007, months after her 20-year-old son died the same way.

With unseen home videos and interviews with key figures, Netflix’s new documentary offers an insight into Anna Nicole Smith’s life we’ve never seen before. But everyone has been asking the same question: Where is Anna Nicole Smith’s daughter, Dannielynn Birkhead? And what’s she doing now?

Ok, what happened to Anna Nicole Smith’s daughter after she died?

Credit: Netflix

Anna announced she was pregnant with her second child in June 2006 by posting a video on her official website. She welcomed Dannielynn Hope Marshall Stern three months later in the Bahamas and there were immediately questions about the baby’s father.

On Dannielynn’s birth certificate, lawyer Howard K. Stern was listed as her father but other men came forward to claim they were Dannielynn’s dad, including showbiz photographer Larry Birkhead, Zsa Zsa Gabor’s husband, Frédéric Prinz von Anhalt and Anna’s bodyguard, Alexander Denk.

Anna died in February 2007 and, by April, a Bahamian judge revealed DNA tests concluded photographer Larry was actually Dannielynn’s dad. Larry then applied for Dannielynn’s birth certificate to be changed, meaning he could change her surname and get her a passport to leave the Bahamas for the US with him.

So, where is Dannielynn Birkhead now?

Credit: Shutterstock

Dannielynn has been living with Larry in Kentucky since she left the Bahamas with him in 2007. Anna’s daughter has been modelling since she was six, even appearing in a Guess Kids campaign in 2013. At the time of the shoot, the fashion house’s co-founder Paul Marciano, said: “Dannielynn has the same playful spirit that her mother had on a set.”

Despite now being sixteen, Dannielynn doesn’t have her own Instagram account. Instead, she has a joint Instagram account with her father, @larryanddannielynn, which has been wiped since Netflix’s documentary aired. All that remains is a photo of the sea at sunset, along with the caption: “Waiting for some of the waves to pass….. then will return.”

Before the account was wiped, Larry regularly posted updates about Dannielynn’s life, including pictures from 149th Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs last weekend, where she styled her hair like Anna’s and wore a crystal necklace and bracelet from her mum’s jewellery collection.

“There’s some T-shirts and different things she fits in, but there’s also some things that she’ll say, ‘Dad, no thanks, that’s not my style,'” Larry told People of Dannielynn wearing Anna’s clothes. “There’s also some things that would have to wait till later. Some things are a bit more revealing and low-cut.”

Larry and Dannielynn have attended Kentucky Derby and the Barnstable Brown Gala as a family tradition for years as, according to reports, it’s where Larry first met Anna in 2003.

Anna Nicole Smith: You Don’t Know Me is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.