Ella May Ding boyfriend

Ella May Ding actually dated her boyfriend six years ago but she ghosted him

She said he has been pursuing her for ‘a really long time’

Married at First Sight Australia icon Ella May Ding recently went official with her new boyfriend and she has been gushing about him ever since and honestly, who can blame her? They look like an absolute power couple and Ella has recently shared the story of how they met and it’s not as you’d expect.

Speaking about their relationship and how they met during an Instagram Q&A, Ella revealed she actually dated her now boyfriend, six years ago. She explained their relationship came to an end because she “freaked out” over a romantic gesture.

“Normi and I have known each other for about six years. We have been friends for a really long time and we did actually date… but the timing was never in our favour,” she said.

“There was a time when he organised a picnic date in the back of his ute. He picked me up from work and he had Thai food. He had set up a picnic in the back of his ute with a torch, pillows, an esky, wine and it was so thoughtful but I’m pretty sure I ended it with him after that because I freaked out.”

Ella had been keeping her relationship a secret for a while but eventually went Instagram official with him a couple of weeks ago. The former reality TV star revealed she reconnected with him at a festival earlier this year.

“I saw him at Beyond The Valley at new year’s and we ended up having the best time together,” she said. “He really has been trying to pursue me for a really long time and he is just the best.”

It was previously reported Ella’s boyfriend prefers to keep his personal life under wraps and so he was never posted often so publicly.

At the time, a source told Daily Mail Australia: “Her boyfriend is very lowkey, no one knows who he is. They’ve known each other for six years and he’s been pursuing her in that time. Love was right in front of them the whole time.”

For all the latest Married at First Sight Australia news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook.