Paul Cattermole

S Club 7’s Paul Cattermole has died at 46 years old

His cause of death is currently unknown

Paul Cattermole has died at 46 years old, just weeks after S Club 7 announced plans for a reunion tour.

The singer was found dead at his home and there are said to be “no suspicious circumstances” surrounding his death.

“It is with great sadness that we announce the unexpected passing of our beloved son and brother Paul Cattermole,” a statement from his family said.

“Paul was found yesterday, 6th April 2023 at his home in Dorset and was pronounced dead later that afternoon.”

A statement from the band reads: “We are truly devastated by the passing of our brother Paul. There are no words to describe the deep sadness and loss we all feel. We were so lucky to have had him in our lives and are thankful for the amazing memories we have.

“He will be so deeply missed by each and everyone one of us. We ask that you respect the privacy of his family and of the band at this time.”

Paul was one of the original S Club 7 members before he quit the band in 2002. Following his departure from the band he reunited with his school friends to start a metal band called Skua. However, a year later the band broke up after failing to get a record label.

In recent years Paul kept a low profile, working as a radio assistant and performing tarot card readings.

Earlier this year, S Club 7 announced a reunion tour to celebrate their 25th anniversary. The band were coming together for an 11-date arena tour across venues in the UK and Ireland.

Speaking on reuniting, the band said in a statement: “After eight years it feels amazing to announce that we’re reuniting and performing together again. We’re so excited to bring the S Club Party back to our fans across the country to celebrate 25 years of S Club 7.

“We can’t believe it’s been so long. Music and friendship have always been at the core of everything that we’ve ever done. We hope everyone can join us for one big party.”

This story will be updated as more develops.

Featured image credit via Instagram @paul_cattermole.