Irina and Micah Love Is Blind

Irina and Micah say their actions on Love Is Blind were ‘coping mechanisms’ to feel ‘normal’

‘Maybe sometimes the jokes didn’t land’

There are only five episodes of the new season of Love Is Blind and two of its cast members have already been dubbed the villains of the series. Micah Lussier and Irina Solomonova have received a wave of backlash for their behaviour on Love Is Blind, with a lot of viewers sharing their dislike for the pair on social media.

During the show, viewers noticed Irina laughing while Amber broke down in tears over a love triangle she was in with Paul and Micah. Viewers were also quick to pick up on Micah laughing at Jackelina when she was crying over hurting Josh’s feelings.

Irina and Micah Love Is Blind

via Netflix

Micah and Irina have since addressed their behaviour on the show, and defended their actions. Speaking to US Weekly, Micah said she doesn’t “regret” anything about her time on the show. “I like to joke. Like, this is a really serious situation, but I don’t have to be miserable,” she explained.

“Like, I can enjoy myself a little bit and she gave me that, and for that, I don’t regret it.” Micah went on to defend Irina and sung her praises, calling her a “great person”. She said: “Irina was what I needed at the time, and I think she’s a great person. I really do.”

via Netflix

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Micah said their actions on Love Is Blind was a “coping mechanism” at the time. “For us, it was really helpful to have a little sense of normalcy,” she began. “Being able to laugh and make light and make jokes, and, well, maybe sometimes the jokes didn’t land or maybe it didn’t look the best, but we needed that in that moment to feel like a normal person.

“Because you’re a part of this experience that is so beyond words. To be able to make a little of light out of such a hard thing was really helpful.”

Irina has defended herself since the release of the first batch of episodes. She said everything about the pods was “difficult” and her and Micah’s “coping mechanism” was laughing about the situation. She added: “And I honestly will say on the record, 100 per cent, I did not intentionally ever want to hurt anyone. Hearing that I hurt people’s feelings genuinely breaks my heart.”

Irina and Micah Love Is Blind

via Netflix

The business owner said the experience was “very intense” and admitted she needs to have some conversations with those she hurt during the experiment. She said: “With Micah, we were laughing because,yes, it was very serious and it was very intense and it was very hard, so I don’t want to brush it off and say that we weren’t taking it seriously.

“It’s just more our perspective, that’s how we coped about it; we laughed and made the best out of it. We didn’t intend to be mean or intentionally hurt anybody at all. That does honestly hurt me, hearing that, and I hope I can have some conversations to fix that later.”

Season four of Love Is Blind is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.