The world uni rankings are totally wrong about Warwick

I bet Oxford don’t have purple

On Tuesday, my timeline was flooded with the horror that this year Warwick had dropped three places and was no longer in the top 50 universities in the world.

Next year we may go up seven places, we may go down 15, but either way it won’t make a difference to the degree we get. It won’t make a difference to our future employers when they see where we studied. It won’t make a difference to our enjoyment at uni, or the memories we have here. Warwick could be ranked the worst university in the world, but we’d all still go to circle and stumble into our 9am the next day like usual.

Love you, Warwick x

I mean, was Disco Dave brought into consideration? Have any of the judges ever tried purple? Have they ever sat in Kelsey’s, drinking Funky Fruits on a Thursday before heading down to Smack? I bet they haven’t done a Warwick tour, come to a circle, or even bought chips from Viallis.

Basing a judgement of a university on rankings is a silly system of classification for any prospective student. It’s impossible to categorise uni into a number. Warwick has 24,000 students, all of whom have had totally different outlooks and experiences. Even if we weren’t in the top 200, we’d still be happy to be here.

Look how happy we are

A number is just a number, it doesn’t change anything about Warwick at all. It’s still, in all our hearts, the best university in the world.

Besides, we’re still a hell of a lot better than Cov.