Image may contain: Underwear, Lingerie, Clothing, Person, People, Human

Eight things to do for International Women’s Day in Warwick

Shows, talks and much, much more

Get yourself tickets for WUDS Presents: 'Revolt. She Said. Revolt Again.'

Image may contain: Text, Poster, Paper, Flyer, Brochure

A show about female empowerment and women's voices, this would be a great way to spend an evening whatever the day. Performing in The Goose Nest from Thursday 8th to Saturday 10th March. Tickets can be found via the Warwick Arts Centre Website.

Show up to the International Women's Day Talk

Former Civil Servant and founder of The Power of Staff Networks, Cherron Inko-Tariah MBE hosted a fascinating and inspiring talk from 12:30-14:00 today in OC0.04.

Go to International Women's Day at the SYDNI Centre

WOMEN OF SYDENHAM

Posted by The Sydni Centre on Tuesday, March 6, 2018

The SYDNI Centre in Sydenham is hosting a women only event today between 11:30 and 16:30. Including art, music, dance, workshops, craft and discussion, this is certainly one of the most eclectic and well rounded celebrations of International Women's Day out there and is sure to be brilliant! Details can be found on the 'International Women's Day @ The SYDNI Centre website.

Check out 'Lullabies of Longing and Loss' at Coventry Cathedral

In celebration of International Women's Day, Coventry Cathedral have invited musician, storyteller and peacemaker Hanna Yaffe to speak in an event entitled 'Lullabies of Longing & Loss: A Global Perspective of Mothers’ Voices'. In it, Yaffe will discuss her experiences in Israeal/Palestine, Hasidic stories of womanhood and her research in multicultural lullabies. Sure to be a captivating evening, the event starts runs from 19:00-20:30 at St Michael's House, Coventry Cathedral today.

Have some laughs at Warwick Comedy Society's 'Stand-Up for International Women's Week'

Image may contain: Paper, Flyer, Brochure, Poster

Held at Leamington's very own 'The Royal Pug', Warwick's female stand-ups will be taking over the mic for a night sure to be filled with joy, laughter and celebration! Featuring an all female line-up and Time Out's 'One to Watch' 2014 Sarah Callaghan headlining, this is definitely not an event to miss. Running on Thursday 8th at 19:30, entry is free, but donations are encouraged and all proceeds will be going to the Coventry Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre.

Go to the WMG International Women's Day Talk

The CEO of Metafused (an award winning AI company) Madhuban Kumar will be speaking on her journey into the world of Artificial Intelligence in the first of a series of lectures organised by WoW (Women of WMG) society. This talk has been rescheduled to the 27th March at 12:30, but if you're around get yourself to the IDL auditorium for what is bound to be an interesting afternoon.

Feeling Brave? There was a free self defence class last night

Leamington Spa Krav Maga ran a specialised self-defense course for women and teenage girls on 7th March between 19:30 and 21:30. Both enlightening and confidence boosting, the event was suitable for all levels of fitness and experience. A great way to celebrate and learn some vital skills!

Join the International Women's Strike 2018

Some ideas for 'OUT OF OFFICE REPLIES' for tomorrow! What will yours be? 🤖💬🚧This is an automated response. I cannot…

Posted by Women's Strike Assembly – UK on Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Striking not only from professional industries, but also the domestic and care work so often thrown onto women's shoulders, Thursday 8th is the perfect opportunity to get out there and support women and all the wonderful things they do!

Featured image credit: Bootsncats