POP! well-being stand launched by Warwick SU

There will be free condoms, sanitary towels and advice cards

A well being stand has been set up for students by Chloe Wynne, the SU’s Welfare and Campaigns Officer.

The stand, which offers free condoms, sanitary towels and advice cards, is run during POP! and has been a success so far. It also connects students with the Advice Centre and Nightline.

Chloe realised the importance of the well-being of students when she shadowed venue staff during POP! before taking her role in office. As a result, she has been running the stand every Wednesday night, since the beginning of term.

Chloe Wynne said: “Statistics show that students desperately need more investment into counselling services, as well as more preventative campaigns to destigmatize mental health so that we can sort out problems before they manifest in crisis situations.

“We had a lot of engagement with the freebies, a huge amount of conversation with students about their problems, and we also got people to write down something they were worried about, to cathartically throw it into a worries bucket, which was then made into a collage.”