Sir Ian McKellen supports Warwick Rowers and the one calendar to rule them all

Hot young studs team older guy

The Warwick Rowers have had another successful week winning awards and snapped with Ian McKellen.

The boating studs came on top to win the Community Group of the Year, which was presented by Secretary of State for Education and Minister for Equalities, Nicky Morgan.

The evening was hosted on Tuesday at the Mayfair Hotel in London, in the state rooms of parliaments.

This comes as the Warwick Rowers release their 2015 video, which has raised eyebrows and heated collars everywhere.

The team reflected that only five years ago, they were just a middle-ranking sports club. They describe how they were initially just “funding to repair their boats”.

They describe their video as: “The story of how a bunch of broke students created a calendar that took on the world”.

Watch here:

At the awards ceremony, a senior BBC executive commented on the video:  “This is a very polished piece of film-making.

“It tells the story of what these guys have achieved with heart, wit and flair.  I’m deeply impressed.”

The film is also a taster for a full-length documentary that will be released next month as part of a series that follows the Rowers on their annual calendar shoots.

The boys will be promoting the film this year on a US tour that will include LA, New York City and Miami from late November until mid-December.

Fancy a stalk? Follow them on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.