MNEK, Krept & Konan and Katy B set to perform at Trent’s GradBall 2016

Grimey tings

This year Nottingham Trent’s Grad Ball takes place on the 14th of June at the newly named Motorpoint Arena (formerly known as the Capital FM Arena).

The NTSU Exec have bagged MNEK (who sang “Never Forget You”), Krept & Konan and Katy B to see off the 2016 graduating class.

Last year the SU had Jess Glynne, Duke Dumont and even Lethal Bizzle headlining the event.

In 2014, the graduating class were lucky enough to see Annie Mac, DJ Fresh and Fuse ODG.

For at least the past two years the event has sported a chocolate fountain, gambling tables and fairground stalls so let’s hope they’ve come up with some new and exciting stuff for the “class of 2K16”.

Finalists this year are less than overwhelmed by the lineup announcement. Third year student Dan Jardine said: “The lineup is below average, a bunch of B-list top 40 stars who haven’t released anything new between them since late in 2015”.

Another graduating student, Rebecca Evans, told The Tab, “Who’s MNEK? Katy B and Krept and Konan are OK I guess. I’m not going anyway so I’m not that bothered about missing it now”.