Notts Varsity Series sold out in ‘record time’

There won’t even be a second release

The much anticipated Nottingham Varsity Series has sold out in record time.

It took just under four hours after the ticket sale went live at 10am today for ice hockey tickets, season tickets and even premium season tickets to be snapped up.

This is the first time ever that season tickets have been a sell out, according to VP Sports Matt Nicholson.

Matt told The Tab: “Ice hockey always sells out in a few hours but season tickets have never sold out and we had more of them on sale than ever before.”

Basketball and football tickets are still available but limited according to Matt.

He said in a Facebook post: “Cannot wait to see the venues covered in pink and packed to the brim with the mighty Trent Army!”

Unfortunately for a number of unhappy final years who missed out on tickets to their last varsity ice hockey, there will be no second release tickets.

Sad ting for those who missed out

One of them said: “I’m so gutted I missed out on ice hockey just because this was my last chance to go and last year it was one of the best evenings I’d had at uni.”

Matt says he’s held a few season tickets back for a couple of competitions he will be running in the lead up to varsity for those who missed out.