‘Hopelessly romantic’ fresher stands outside Newton with a sign to find his Valentine

Preferably tall with brown hair pls

In a bid to secure love on Valentine’s day, a first-year donned black tie and held a sign to try to woo the ladies of Trent.

Kieran Crewe, 19-year-old Business Management, Accounting and Finance fresher, stood outside Newton for two hours with a sign that read: “Desperate for a Valentine, can you help?”

Forget Tinder, this fresher knows the way to score with the ladies of Trent

The cricketer, with a single rose at the ready, stood outside probably the busiest building at Trent, but those two hours were not wasted. Apparently there were a few fitties that caught his eye, most of them tall with brown hair.

Alice, third-year broadcast journalist, spoke to Kieran: “He said that he lost a drinking game bet, and had to stand outside for three hours. He was really cold and said his hands hurt, so he was leaving an hour short of the time he was meant to”.

He did, however, have some success in his efforts: “Some girls had gone up to him and said they would go on a date with him”.

When asked where Kieran would take his Valentine on a date in Nottingham, he said: “Probably turtle bay so we could have a nice drink but be able to talk at the same time and have a good conversation”.

Kieran, right, and a friend

Kieran can thank his friends for keeping him out in the cold for the afternoon as he lost the bet by failing to down a pint of cider black in three seconds.

He said: “I did it in four seconds, so I lost.” Classic first year.