American football captain jailed for rape in Trent accomodation

His uni has not been identified

A uni sports captain has been jailed for seven years for raping a woman in Nottingham Trent owned accommodation.

Ally Maxamed raped the woman in the attack while high on cannabis, until she escaped to her housemate’s room.

The 24-year-old, from St. Ann’s, was jailed yesterday and is now on the sex offender’s register after pleading guilty at Nottingham Crown Court, according to The Nottingham Post.

The court heard that it was in the early hours of the morning that Maxamed asked his victim for sex and she refused.

He left the room and returned shortly with a box of condoms and she repeated to him she was not interested. Then the attack began.

Judge Gregory Dickinson QC told him: “She made it clear to you that nothing intimate was to take place.

“You pestered her for sex. You pinned her face-down into the bed, squeezing her neck.

“From her point of view, it must have been horrible and painful. You ignored her pleas for you to stop.”

The Prosecuting lawyer told the court: “He climbed on top of her. She was crying. She pleaded with him to stop.

“The defendant followed her and he kept banging on the door; such was the force the door came of its hinges.

“The housemate stood in front of her to stop the defendant getting to her.”

The victim escaped to her housemate’s room and crawled into a corner crying after the defendant hit her across the face.

Nottingham crown court, where the attacker was sentenced

When police arrived, they found Maxamed smelling strongly of cannabis and acting aggressively.

The court was told that Maxamed was very sorry for all he had put his victim through. He has had psychiatric problems.

Sophie Murray, in mitigation, said: “He wants to express his deep sorrow and remorse towards her. He knows it is something she will have to carry with her for the rest of her life. These were two young, intelligent people with their lives ahead of them.”