Example plays for the THIRD time as he replaces Jess Glynne for Grad Ball

He played in 2011 and 2013

With less than two weeks to go before Grad Ball it was announced yesterday Example would be performing for the third time.

The news came after Jess Glynne reportedly had to pull out due to recording commitments.

The official Facebook page for the event said: “Unfortunately, we have been informed that Jess Glynne has had to cancel her performance at this year’s Grad Ball due to recording commitments.”

The post added the organisers had found a perfect replacement and would now be adding Example to the line up…again.

Example played two years ago in 2013, and first tried to wow us in 2011.

This will be the third time the singer and rapper will be performing at a Trent Grad ball and in 2011 he said: “I’ve played a lot of Graduation Balls over the years but Nottingham Trent University know what its doing.”

Broadcast journalism finalist, Ashleigh, was disappointed with the previous line up and had always hoped an act like Example would be added.

She said: “I’m so much happier that Example is performing rather than Jess Glynne. I really do feel like it’s worth the money now.”

She added: “The fact that it’s his third time, just shows that he’s heavily in demand. He even replied to me on Twitter once! So excited for it.

“I’d rather him than a rubbish first time performer any day.”

Example will be joining the likes of Lethal Bizzle and Duke Dumont.

The chart toppers will take to the stage at the much anticipated event on June 10th at Capital FM arena.

The night promises casino tables, chocolate fountains, DJs and fairground stalls.

This is not the first balls up with the end of year party. The line up announcement was postponed due to ‘circumstances beyond control’.

Bumbling Trent media also managed to cock up the announcements, posting that Jess Glynne was performing on the Facebook page before actually announcing it on air.