Bid for swimming lessons for fresher who nearly drowned twice in two weeks

His latest accident left him in A&E

A crowd funding page has been set up in a bid to get a hapless fresher swimming lessons after he nearly drowned three times in a year.

Fearless first year Angelo Zamora had to be rescued from a canal after falling in at a canal party and not being able to swim just two weeks ago.

But last week the 20-year-old had a much more serious accident after a failed attempt at kayaking.

A fire and rescue team and ambulance were sent to save Angelo and he was later taken to A&E.

At the canal party on Easter weekend, Angelo was paddling on a blow up air bed, until one of his friends flipped it, sending him into the water. He managed to climb out, but then fell back in after wrestling his pal.

Onlookers at the party dived into the water to save him.

After his accident at the canal party he said: “It seemed like a good idea at the time but I never learnt how to swim and with the weight of clothes pulling me down it made it difficult to stay afloat.

“I was just lucky that people came to my rescue.”

Since the near fatal mishaps his friends have started a go fund me page to try and raise enough money to buy him swimming lessons.

Alexandra Munday set up the charity page and called Angelo a liability.

She said: “I am trying to save his life and fund him for swimming lessons so that nothing else happens. Angelo is a proven liability. Please help!”

So far no money has been donated to the £200 target.

To get Angelo those much needed lessons donate, click here.