Meet Trent’s most eligible singletons: Week 1

Will you find the love of your life this week?

One in four students meet their spouse at uni. The rest of us find life partners online, marry our childhood sweethearts, or get thrown up on at parties and fall in love from there.

By 2031, essentially every other relationship you have will start online, so we’ve decided to jump the dating gun on behalf of my single chums. What started out as a frivolous experiment on a couple of friends has turned into this weekly column.

With university and online being the top two places to find love, statistically there’s a greater chance of finding The One via The Tab, than in the club. And so every other week we shall present to you a single guy and gal at Trent, interrogating them to find out what we really want to know.

Chris Stone, LLM Sports Law

Age: 24

Interested in: Sports, Traveling, Food.

Copulate count: More than my Catholic mother wants it to be.

Ambitions: Become the general manager of the first NFL franchise in London.

Size: Can’t complain.

Have you ever cheated? Never.

Most awkward moment ever: When my mom visited me in Nottingham and the first time she met my ex in person was on a Thursday morning as she was on a walk of shame in her Ocean outfit from the night before.

Holiday destination of choice: Anywhere that is warm and has a beach.

Favourite sharing dessert: Does a tub of ice cream count?

How much would you expect to spend on a date? In Nottingham, around £30-40.

Biggest turn off: Smoking cigarettes.

Biggest turn on: A girl who will watch sports with me.

Worst date ever: I’ve never actually been on a bad date, but I did go on a Tinder date where I called the girl the name of another girl on Tinder. I managed to rebound quite nicely, but certainly not the best start.

Best date ever: Rooftop cinema in London to watch the Goonies. Twist on a classic dinner and a movie date, with film inspired food and drinks, and of course great skyline views of London.

Tell us a joke? My dance moves at Ocean.

Talent/s: I’m a good cook.

Give us your best chat up line? On a scale of one to America, how free are you for a drink sometime?

Olivia Porter, Broadcast Journalism

Age: 20

Interested in: men

Copulate count: none of your business

Ambitions: I don’t really like to look to far into the future, so that I don’t let myself down.

Size: 5ft 5

Have you ever cheated? Never

Most awkward moment ever: I’m not really an awkward person

Holiday destination of choice: Probably Puerto Pollenca, I’ve been going there every summer since I was born.

Favourite sharing dessert: Raspberry swirl cheesecake.

How much would you expect to spend on a date? £50 is reasonable.

Biggest turn off: Hands with bitten fingernails

Biggest turn on: A good sense of humour

Worst date: I’ve never really been on a date, so I guess the worst would be if there were loads of Made in Chelsea-ish awkward silences.

Best date: My dream date would be a sunny day punting down the river, and then finish with a cute picnic: bottle of champagne and strawberries

Tell us a joke? What do you call a deer with no eyes? No idea. What do you call a deer with no eyes and no legs? Still no idea. What do you call a deer with no eyes and no legs falling off the side of a cliff? Abseil-utely no idea.

Talent/s? I love a good debate

Give us your best chat up line? Never used one

Fancy being involved? Email [email protected]