Boots is getting a rooftop garden

Look what they’re spending your money on now

Last year, the Tab revealed that your tuition fees were being spent by the Chancellor on his house. And guess what they’re being spent on now…

Another puppy room? No.

A bigger and better SU? No.

A cupcake machine? No.

They’re being spent on a garden. A garden on top of Boots Library.

To provide more green space for students on campus, a garden which will have the capacity for 50 people.

169449

There will be a variety of seating, excellent Wi-Fi and planted areas to attract wildlife. Recycled and sustainable materials will be used throughout the build and it’s hoped that the new green space will improve efficiency and reduce flood risk.

This magical wonderland is expected to be open at the beginning of term three and is being created in response to student feedback suggesting more green space is needed at NTU’s city campus.

Third year student, Victoria Carlin is happy to see the green coming to Boots.

She said: “I love the idea, I might actually use the library now, I’ll be up there all the time.”

Students from Brackhenhurst campus have designed the garden and the new development comes after Trent was voted fourth greenest university in the People & Planet University Green League 2015, third in the UI GreenMetric World University Ranking, and awarded Green Flags for our Brackenhurst and Clifton campuses.