An Ode to Ocean: Why you’ve got to vote no

Say no to change

“Are you going to SU Wednesday?” It doesn’t quite hold the same excitement and joy does it?

Ocean Wednesday for me, and a lot of others is the pinnacle of a stressful week at uni. It gives you the chance to be someone else. Literally.

The promise of slightly warm VKs and pre-poured Jagerbombs makes the start of the week a little more bearable.

At the end of the glorious bar crawl, venturing to the depths of Market Square, where else is actually logical to end up?

I mean, they didn’t get rid of the sticky carpets for nothing you know.

Not only would changing the venue to the SU be illogical, it would be plain stupidity. It’s called the big O for good reason, it’s at least twice the size of the SU.

Wednesdays are the busiest Trent nights. We all know the SU is cramped enough as it is on a Saturday, let’s not make it a bi-weekly thing.

Also, the SU already has a night of its own. If the they are trying to bring in more money, this could actually backfire.

Using the venue twice is more likely to make people choose one night or the other. And why does everything have to be about money? Why can’t it just be about having a good time.

How would the bar crawl work? Would we begin at the end and work our way up? Or do a full circle? With this is mind, many socials may actually cut out the bar crawl, and where would be the fun in that?

Will they play Baywatch and Frozen? Are we allowed to take our tops off?

There are so many unanswered questions that don’t even bear thinking about.

Either way, I’d advise you to vote, because the people who want change will be the ones who do.

Let’s be honest, nobody likes change, do they?

Vote NO