Teenagers jailed after knife attacks on two students

He was held at knife point on Shakespeare Street

Troublesome teenage robbers have been jailed for three years each after threatening students at knife point in the City centre.

Brendon Holland and Thomas Scott targeted three people in the early hours – taking iPhones, cash and pin numbers.

They were sentenced at Nottingham Crown Court earlier this week, Judge Michael Pert QC said: “It was a terrifying experience for those who were at the receiving end of your behaviour.”

Holland and Scott, both 19, and who were staying at the YMCA,  ran towards a student who was walking home along Shakespeare Street on November 3.

Holland had a knife with a curved three to four-inch blade in his right hand, close to his leg.

The student was told to give them everything he had and handed over his iPhone 5 and wallet.

Holland then demanded the pin to the phone, threatening to ‘shank’ the student.

Later that the same night, the pair struck again robbing a fresher who was walking the streets because he had trouble sleeping.

He was in Dryden Street, off Shakespeare Street, when Holland asked him what he was looking at and the first year replied “nothing”.

The student handed over his iPhone, headphones and wallet.

The men were identified in the street by one of their victims who had alerted police and went with them on a drive-round of the streets to track them down.

After their arrest they both admitted the robberies, and Holland admitted he was the only one to approach and speak to the victims.