Trent’s patronising campaign says don’t let yet

SU campaign says don’t sign up too soon

A new campaign to encourage students to be patient when looking for their accommodation for next year has been launched. 

Nottingham Trent University’s student union is running their slightly patronising Don’t Let Yet mission.

The campaign is designed to let students know about their options and to educate them in not rushing into a big, potentially expensive, decisions.

The SU currently has a board up where students can put poster and notes promoting the best landlords.

Josh Eloi, Community vice president at the Students’ Union, said: ‘It’s key that students take time to look for housing and make sure that they aren’t rushed into decisions.”

Third year students Elisha Diamond and Maddie Levis wished they hadn’t rushed into signing in first year.

They said: “We felt like all the best properties were going, you’re made to think that you need to sign before Christmas to get the best houses.

“We rushed into it and in the end, didn’t have a very supportive landlord. Things broke and it took ages to get fix, like our boiler.”

It is hoped that the campaign will help reduce the number of housing issues reported