Worries over rogue taxi drivers as girls get conned by fake badge

Girls left shocked after being collected by a fake taxi driver

Nottingham Cars have asked people to be careful when getting taxis after three girls were collected by a fake marked car.

The car Elisha Diamond, Maddie Levis and Amal Alloush got into had the firm’s logo on the side but was not being driven by a licensed driver.

The girls became aware of the problem when they were overcharged, causing the girls to “worry” at the “scary” experience.

Elisha was one of the girls in the taxi. She said: “The journey from our house into the city centre is always £6 and the rest of the house who got a separate taxi were only charged £6.

“I asked him upfront but he was really uncooperative so I took his name and taxi number.”

The friends reported the incident to the taxi company however there was no one on their  system with the drivers name or the taxi number.

One of the girls, Maddie Levis was left in the taxi after her friends got out.

“I was going to another house and just started to worry instantly. I got on the phone to my friend so I had someone to speak to.

“Anything could have happened but I was so glad when he pulled up at the right house. It was so scary.”

Nottingham Cars have warned against getting a cab off the street

The following day the girls contacted the taxi firm and Nottingham Cars later refunded the money that was taken as fair by the fake driver.

A spokesperson for the company has said: “We are looking into the matter. We also advise anyone getting a taxi to ring the company and arrange for one to pick you up, rather than getting one off the street.

“This way fares can be arranged and you can be sure that you are getting in a licensed, legal and safe taxi.”

Nottingham Cars assured us that their taxi company is a safe company and this is a one off yet urge people to be more vigilant on nights out.