Gym membership has increased and we don’t know why…

An extra £30 but nothing to show for it.

Keeping fit and toned at university is a priority for many students and a yearly membership for the City gym only costs  £99, however things are about to change.

Last week news was released stating that the price for the new annual gym pass would increase to £129 after the 10th October.

A shocking £30 more than last year.

This year, there is a special offer of £99 for a gym membership if you join in September. This seems good, however it has increased since last year, when it was £89.

Elisha Diamond, third year student who was a member last year says she won’t be joining for her final year because of the price increase.

She said: “It’s ridiculous, I’m joining another gym in Nottingham where it’s easier as you can pay monthly.”

Luke Williams, a first year student, also agreed and said he wouldn’t be joining.

He said: “They’re charging even more but I don’t see it improving, where’s all the money going.”

But where is all the money going?

We spoke to a student union worker and they assured us that the money would be used wisely, despite the gym only being opened last year.

She said: “It’s to buy new equipment and machinery as well as making sure the place is as modern as possible.”

There are much better things to spend that extra £30 on, such aslike 3 bottles of value vodka or 30 cherry VK’s at Quids In.

Let us know what you think.