‘I’m not a huge fan of tattoos’: Meet the boy with the Ocean logo on his bum

“It didn’t hurt half as much as knowing that I’m no longer at Trent”

Last year Business graduate Bobby Moor* attended a pre Climax pre drinks that changed his life forever.

It was during a game that included an indoor basketball hoop and silly decisions that gave Bobby* a life long pain in the arse.

“I was with a load of people I’d never met before and we were saying ‘If you get the ball in I will’ and then say something stupid.”

“I was running out of things to say so I said ‘If you get this one in I will get the Ocean logo tattooed on my bum’. Needless to say the ball went in.”

Bobby was not the only person to be left feeling red after being beaten by the basketball. One of his friends had to dye his hair ginger, while another had to buy an engagement ring for his girlfriend.

“When I went to the tattoo parlour, they couldn’t do it that day. But when they found out what I wanted done they instantly made me pay a deposit because they were sure I wasn’t going to turn up.”

But true to his word, he turned up and the tiny tatt cost a cracking £30, however brave soldier Ben said that the tattoo didn’t hurt half as much as it hurts to know that he’s no longer a student with access to the Big O every week.

Bobby admits that the intimate nature of his tattoo has brought mixed reactions from lovers however the person who was most shocked was his friend, who is actually called Ocean.

In his final year Bobby only missed four of legendary Wednesday nights and by the end of his time at Trent, his arse was extremely well known.

He said: “On the final bar crawl of the year my mates told everyone about my tattoo and my bum was out most of the night.”

Even local legend and owner of Ocean, Andy Hoe, heard about the tattoo and shared a picture of it on his own Facebook page.

Bobby added: “Andy couldn’t believe it when I told him, he absolutely loved it. He shared it because he wanted to show Uni of what real Ocean devotion is.”

Since the photo went public, Bobby says that he’s seen a lot of people that have copied him by having the trademark symbol printed on their toes.

Many would think that this alcohol infused decision would be one filled with much regret and embarrassment, however not for Ben.

He said: “It’s definitely a badge of honour. Because of where it is, I never see it, so I forget about it. I’m actually not a huge fan of tattoos, I’d never have another.”

Unfortunately, Bobby has torn two ligaments in his knee and will be on crutches until Christmas, meaning his return to Nottingham for a little dip in the Ocean has had to be postponed but he hopes to move back in the near future.

*name change so he can still get a job