politics for all banned

‘Politics For All’ permanently banned from Twitter: Here’s everything we know

The account was allegedly suspended for ‘platform manipulation’

Controversial Twitter account Politics For All has been permanently banned, after followers revealed it had been temporarily suspended on 2nd January.

Politics For All has come under fire for a number of reasons over the last couple of months – including the right-leaning political stance of its owner and the growing concern from news organisations that it could be stealing their audience.

Every one of 19-year-old journalist Nick Moar’s “For All” accounts (including Football For All and News For All) had been suspended over the weekend. His own personal account also appears to have been deleted.

politics for all banned

A Twitter spokesperson told The Press Gazette on 4th January that “the accounts […] were suspended for violating the Twitter Rules on platform manipulation and spam”.

According to Twitter’s policy on platform manipulation, accounts “may not use Twitter’s services in a manner intended to artificially amplify or suppress information that manipulates or disrupts people’s experience on Twitter”.

It also goes on to say that “commercially-motivated spam” and “inauthentic engagements that attempt to make accounts or content appear more popular than they actually are” are other examples of manipulation. The Politics For All account has been particularly criticised in the past for failing to link journalists’ articles within their viral Tweets.

politics

Photo via Unsplash

A source close to the account spoke to The Independent, claiming that they were “appealing the decision”.

According to The Social Chain founder Steven Bartlett, the explanation could be as simple as the Politics For All account sharing a Tweet from the News For All account. He speculated that “someone was unhappy with the reach and influence of the channel and had a word with Twitter and asked for it to be removed”.

politics david

Back in May, The Byline Times revealed that Nick Moar is a Conservative voter and social media journalist for right-wing publication The Spectator.