Taylor Swift Billie Eilish dig

The Taylor Swift beef rages on! Jack Antonoff just made a shady dig at Billie Eilish

‘You don’t hear good songs about, like, someone’s lunch’

Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish were in the grips of a petty chart scrap back in June, with the two of them trying to get the number one album on the Billboard chart with The Tortured Poets Department and HIT ME HARD AND SOFT respectively. The two of them were beefing back and forward releasing extra editions and Billie made comments to the press that had everyone thinking she was on about Taylor Swift. But the beef hasn’t ended: Taylor Swift collaborator in chief Jack Antonoff just gave a new interview and made a not so subtle and very shady dig about Billie Eilish that has just dragged the beef right back up again.

Speaking on the Today show, Jack Antonoff was asked about his recent successes with The Tortured Poets Department and his work on Please Please Please for Sabrina Carpenter. In the interview, Jack said “You don’t hear good songs about, like, someone’s lunch. The things that cause you pain are usually the things worth writing about.” This has raised eyebrows and has been taken by most as the Taylor Swift collaborator making a shady dig at Billie Eilish, whose lead single from her latest album is literally called Lunch. Messy.

Taylor Swift and Jack Antonoff

I mean, it could be coincidental considering Lunch by Billie Eilish literally has nothing to do with lunch and has everything to do with same-sex attraction. But with all the drama surrounding Billie and Taylor it still feels very pointed.

This all comes after all kinds of drama, like Billie Eilish saying comments seemingly directed at Swift. Speaking on recordings captured on Twitter / X, Billie Eilish was sharing her thoughts on long concerts. Obviously, unless you live under a rock or something of a similar ilk, the Taylor Swift Eras Tour runs for over three hours. In the audio clip, Billie can be heard saying “Doing a 3 hour show.. That’s literally psychotic. Nobody wants that. You guys don’t want that. I don’t want that. I don’t even want that as a fan. Even my favorite artists I’m not trying to hear them for three hours. That’s far too long. That’s literally psychotic.”

For all the latest celeb and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook

Recommended stories by this writer:

Billie Eilish’s manager reshared a thread about Taylor Swift blocking artist’s success

• Inside the petty, messy album beef between Billie Eilish and Taylor Swift right now

OMG! Billie Eilish’s new album was nearly named after this iconic quote from The Office