Billie Eilish The Office album

OMG! Billie Eilish’s new album was nearly named after this iconic quote from The Office

Nobody stans The Office like Billie

Billie Eilish has just revealed that her acclaimed new album Hit Me Hart and Soft almost had a different name entirely, and if you’re a fan of hers at all you will absolutely not be shocked to hear that it was nearly named after an iconic quote from The Office US. Fans (which includes me, of course) have been absolutely in love with Hit Me Hard and Soft since it dropped on Friday, and it already feels weird thinking about a timeline where it had literally any other title. But considering Billie is the number one stan of the show, this revelation is extremely on brand.

Billie Eilish LOVES The Office – My Strange Addiction on her debut album When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go had a load of sampled lines ripped from the show’s legendary Threat Level Midnight episode. But she nearly took her stanning one step further – in an interview with Rolling Stone, Billie Eilish just admitted her new album Hit Me Hard and Soft nearly got named after a moment from The Office. Billie nearly called the album Patheticville.

The quote comes from Kelly Kapoor – of course. It’s taken from a moment after Pam does a speech when the Dunder Mifflin crew are playing beach games, and Kelly goes “I thought it was patheticville. No offence, Pam.”

Billie told Rolling Stone “I just thought that was awesome, and we laughed and we wrote it down. Then there’s a couple more that we thought of and nothing was really sticking, but I knew it would come. It always comes.”

I actually think Patheticville is an amazing name, to be honest. She needs to keep it in her back pocket for album four.

For all the latest celeb and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook

Recommended stories by this writer:

Fans find hidden meaning on Billie Eilish’s new album and think a song is about her stalker

Omg, Billie Eilish got caught moaning about TikTokers being at the People’s Choice Awards

Inside the iconic and wholesome friendship between Lana Del Rey and Billie Eilish